Embrace Digital with Vic Govt. Digital Grant
If you’re a business in Victoria, no doubt you’re acutely aware of the effects of COVID-19. For many of us, it’s been the hardest year yet to navigate as a business. But it’s not all bad news.
In an effort to help businesses reach a COVID Normal, the Victorian Government has announced they will invest $44 million to equip businesses with the support they need for success. That means adapting to digital.
This funding includes $20 million for Business Survival and Adaptation to assist sole traders and small businesses build their digital capability. The funding goes towards accessing off-the-shelf digital programs such as Shopify or Squareonline (the new eCommerce platform from contactless payment company, Square) as well as training and workshops designed to help adapt to online operations.
This is exciting because it means the government is finally acknowledging the power of the internet and how crucial it is for businesses to embrace digital in order to survive and thrive.
We are yet to see exactly how this funding will be granted to small businesses, though Dan Andrews has stated,
“We’ll continue meeting with and listening to businesses, so we can do everything we can to support them and their workers.”
Details of the grant process go live this Friday 18th of September and we recommend you subscribe to newsletters from Business Victoria to keep informed as decisions are made.
Are you deciding if your business should transition to an online store? We’re firm believers in adapting to suit the climate and always chasing more success. But don’t just take our word for it.
These are the tangible benefits of moving your business online.
- It’s scalable. Your business can grow as your customer base increases and people start spending more money again.
- No downtime when it comes to sales. Your store works for you 24/7 with no weekends or public holidays off.
- Low overhead and high margins. With far fewer costs going to labour or a lease.
- Access to the worldwide market. Reach the audience that’s right for your product, not just the people who are closest. There is no limit to who you can sell to.
- Brand credibility. Solidify your brand’s personality and become a leader in your industry.
- Cut in front. Moving online means you gain access to consumer insights and puts you ahead of your competition. Rank higher on Google and target the right people.
You’re in the same boat as many other businesses at the moment, so now is the time to get ahead. We can help you rank higher on Google, get better quality traffic and take care of all our website updates and fixes. Not only that, but we’ll also deliver flawless, functional design and content that engages your customers.
We care about creating an impactful, memorable and special shopping experience online, just as we know you create for your customers every day.
We’re here to help you every step of the way in finding stability and success as we reach a COVID Normal.