Senior WordPress Developer
We’re in need of an exceptional developer to join our in-house development team for a rapidly growing digital agency. If you’re a driven senior developer who is looking for the opportunity to take the next big step in your career and help the business deliver truly extraordinary projects to their clients, this job is for you!
As a capable, motivated self-starter, you will hit the ground running with your outstanding WordPress development skills, lead projects from a technical perspective and help drive the technical offering of the company going forward.
You will help shape the development team as a whole with the support of a talented, passionate team of designers and project managers.
- Create beautifully built content and eCommerce sites for our top-notch clients
- Be responsible for maintaining and improving client’s established websites
- Support the Digital Projects Director and other key stakeholders in project delivery from a technical standpoint and contribute to establishing best practices.
- Collaborate with the team and the clients to make key technical decisions and help design chosen solution’s architecture.
- Play a hands-on role in solution creation.
- Help the team establish company-wide development standards and practices.
- Drive continuous project and delivery improvements within the Digital Projects team.
- Be accountable for code quality, deployment, and delivery of development projects.
We would like you to:
- Have a strong background WordPress (Themes, customizations, plugins etc)
- Be very comfortable taking accountability for top-notch maintenance and CI for sites that have already launched.
- Be experienced and knowledgeable in integrating third party APIs with Woocommerce.
- Have a good understanding of enterprise architecture and current technical directions and concepts.
- Have demonstrated ability to become a subject matter expert on aspects of technology through research and self-education.
- Be well versed in summarising technical solutions in formalised technical specification documentation.
- Have a good overall understanding of hosting infrastructure.
- Be very confident and knowledgeable in all things eCommerce and be happy to pick up established site’s ongoing maintenance.
- Be comfortable working in a small, cross-functional development team.
- Have the ability to write high-quality and well-documented code, adhering to best practices at all times.
- Have exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
At Emote, we are all about creativity and producing truly outstanding outcomes that stand the test of time. As we will work closely together, we need to find someone who gets us, and who we trust to support our rich internal culture. We are looking for an individual who brings their own spirit, stories and experiences to the role – someone who shares openly and believes in the mission. If you think you have what it takes, send us your CV, three to five examples of your latest projects and let us know why you should be a part of the Emote team. If you have a public repo you’re happy to send through to us so we can take a peek at your code this is a major plus!